We welcome inquiries about admissions at any time. Please contact our Admissions Coordinator or call 510-841-7248 for any questions not covered here.
1. Sign up for a tour and/or information session for 2023-2024
- Weekday and Weekend tours are available on campus.*
- A video tour of an active day at Walden is also available.
- One information session will be held in person on January 14. We will speak more in depth about Walden’s philosophy and parents may ask questions of Walden teachers during a Q and A with staff.
*Note: Masks are required when indoors during the tour.
2. Complete an application and include $85.00 fee
Walden Application 2023-2024 – AVAILABLE SOON
This is a fillable PDF if downloaded. We have a courtesy application due date of Friday, December 16, 2022 for siblings and those who are ready to apply and a final due date of Thursday, January 19, 2023. Walden will accept and consider most applications after this deadline, but will give preference to applications filed by the January deadline.
3. Ask a current teacher to fill out a recommendation form
Walden uses the standard ISSFBA forms. The form should be filled out by one of your child’s current teachers prior to the child visit. If your child is home schooled, an adult or mentor who has worked academically with your child in a group may fill out the form.
Be sure to sign and date the recommendation before giving to your child’s teacher. The recommendation forms are confidential and should be emailed (firstname.lastname@example.org) by the teacher to Walden Center and School by the courtesy deadline if applying then, and no later than January 19, 2023.
4. Complete two financial aid forms if applying for financial aid
Walden financial aid applications and the online SSS application are both due Friday, January 20, 2023. Our application will be available here or may be requested via e-mail. SSS forms may be obtained on the SSS website. Please contact Walden’s business manager if you have questions about financial aid.
For more detailed information about financial aid and the internal application click here.
5. Child visit
Once your application is complete, we will send instructions on how the child visit will be conducted.
6. Notification of admissions decisions
Applicant families are notified electronically of admissions decisions. Decisions are e-mailed Thursday, March 16, 2023. This date is the same for all EBISA member schools.
7. Enrollment contracts and payments due Thursday, March 23, 2023
Please contact our admissions coordinator, Winona Alexander, at with any questions you may have.